Spring is a great time to go cycling, with milder temperatures, blooming flowers, and longer days. Here are some of the best cycling destinations to visit in spring:
- The Netherlands: The Netherlands is famous for its cycling culture, and spring is a great time to explore the country’s beautiful countryside and tulip fields. The Keukenhof Gardens near Amsterdam are a must-see, with millions of colorful tulips in bloom.
- California, USA: California is home to some of the best cycling routes in the world, including the iconic Pacific Coast Highway. In spring, the wildflowers in areas like Joshua Tree and Anza-Borrego Desert State Park are in full bloom, making for a stunning ride.
- Tuscany, Italy: Tuscany is a popular destination for cyclists, with its rolling hills, vineyards, and charming hilltop towns. In spring, the landscape is dotted with wildflowers and the weather is mild, making it a perfect time to explore on two wheels.
- Mallorca, Spain: Mallorca is a popular destination for cycling, with its quiet roads and stunning scenery. In spring, the island is in bloom with almond and cherry blossoms, and the weather is warm but not too hot for a long ride.
- Kyoto, Japan: Kyoto is a beautiful city to explore by bike, with its temples, gardens, and cherry blossom trees in bloom in spring. The city also has a growing cycling culture, with bike rentals and dedicated cycling lanes.