Flanders, which is a region in northern Belgium, is a popular destination for cyclists for several reasons:
- Historic Cycling Races: Flanders is home to some of the most famous and historic cycling races in the world, such as the Tour of Flanders and Gent-Wevelgem. As a cyclist, you can ride the same routes as the pros and experience the same challenges and thrills.
- Scenic Routes: Flanders has beautiful and varied landscapes, from rolling hills to flat coastal plains, making it an ideal location for cycling. You can explore charming villages, picturesque countryside, and historic cities on two wheels.
- Bike-Friendly Infrastructure: Flanders has a well-developed network of cycling routes and dedicated bike paths, which makes it easy and safe to explore the region on a bike. There are also many bike rental shops and accommodations that cater to cyclists.
- Rich History and Culture: Flanders has a rich history and culture, which can be experienced through its many museums, art galleries, and historic sites. Cycling through Flanders, you’ll see many World War I memorials, as well as beautiful medieval architecture.
- Delicious Food and Drink: Flanders is known for its delicious cuisine, including Belgian waffles, chocolate, and beer. As a cyclist, you can indulge in these treats guilt-free after a long ride.