The Dolomites are a must-visit destination for cyclists, and here are some reasons why:
- Stunning Scenery: The Dolomites offer some of the most breathtaking scenery in the world. The towering peaks, pristine lakes, and rolling hills create a dramatic and stunning landscape that’s perfect for cycling.
- Challenging Climbs: The Dolomites are famous for their challenging climbs, including the Passo dello Stelvio, the Passo Giau, and the Passo Pordoi. These climbs attract cyclists from around the world, and offer a true test of fitness and endurance.
- Cycling Infrastructure: The Dolomites have an extensive network of cycling routes, including dedicated bike lanes and bike rental services. The region is also home to many cycling events, including the annual Maratona dles Dolomites, which attracts thousands of cyclists each year.
- Rich Culture: The Dolomites have a rich cultural history, and cyclists can experience this by visiting historic landmarks, museums, and art galleries along their routes. From the medieval town of Bolzano to the ancient Roman ruins in Trento, there’s something for everyone in the Dolomites.
- Food and Wine: The Dolomites are home to some of the best cuisine in Italy, with a focus on locally-sourced ingredients and traditional recipes. Cyclists can enjoy delicious meals and world-renowned wines at local restaurants and wineries along their routes.