- Stunning Scenery: Girona is surrounded by beautiful landscapes, including the rugged coastline of Costa Brava, the lush green hills of the Gavarres mountains, and the tranquil countryside of the Empordà region. These landscapes offer a diverse range of cycling routes that cater to all skill levels.
- Cycling Culture: Girona is a hub for professional cyclists, and many pro riders call it their home. This has created a rich cycling culture in the city, with numerous bike shops, cycling clubs, and events dedicated to the sport. Cyclists can soak up the atmosphere and learn from the pros, or even bump into them on a training ride!
- Challenging Terrain: The terrain around Girona is challenging and varied, offering plenty of opportunities for cyclists to test their skills and endurance. From steep climbs up mountains to rolling hills through the countryside, there is something for everyone.
- Well-Maintained Roads: The roads around Girona are well-maintained, making for a smooth and enjoyable ride. The region has invested in cycling infrastructure, including dedicated bike lanes and signage, making it easy and safe for cyclists to explore the area.
- Local Cuisine: After a long ride, cyclists can refuel with the delicious local cuisine. Girona is known for its excellent food scene, with traditional Catalan dishes and modern gastronomy available in the many restaurants and cafes around the city.
Overall, Girona offers a fantastic cycling experience, with stunning scenery, challenging terrain, a rich cycling culture, and delicious food. It’s no wonder that so many cyclists flock to this beautiful region of Spain!