- Well-developed cycling infrastructure: The Netherlands has an extensive network of cycling paths and trails that are separate from roads and motorized traffic. This makes cycling safe and enjoyable, with plenty of options for exploring the countryside, coastlines, and cities.
- Beautiful scenery: The Netherlands is known for its picturesque landscapes, with vast tulip fields, rolling dunes, and charming villages. Cycling is a great way to experience the country’s natural beauty up close.
- Rich cycling history: The Netherlands has a long and rich history of cycling, with the first bicycles being introduced in the country in the 19th century. The Dutch have also produced many famous professional cyclists over the years, such as Joop Zoetemelk, Jan Janssen, and Tom Dumoulin.
- Cycling events: The Netherlands hosts several cycling events throughout the year, including the Amstel Gold Race, the Ronde van Nederland, and the Vuelta a España, which often includes stages in the country.
- Cycling-friendly culture: Cycling is an integral part of Dutch culture, with many people using bicycles as their primary mode of transportation. This makes cycling a fun and easy way to explore the country’s cities, towns, and villages.
The Netherlands is a country that is well known for its cycling culture, and it has plenty to offer for cyclists of all levels. There are a few reasons why a cyclist should visit the Netherlands.