These events attract cyclists of all abilities and are a great way to experience the stunning scenery and challenging terrain of the French Riviera. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a casual rider, there’s something for everyone at these events.
- Paris-Nice: This is an eight-day stage race that takes place in March and is one of the biggest cycling events in France. The race starts in Paris and ends in Nice, with stages in between that cover a variety of terrain, including mountains, hills, and flat roads.
- Nice Ironman: This is a triathlon event that takes place in June and attracts athletes from around the world. The event includes a 2.4-mile swim, a 112-mile bike ride, and a marathon run.
- La Vésubienne: This is a challenging cycling event that takes place in May and includes several climbs in the surrounding mountains. The event offers three different routes of varying lengths and difficulty levels.
- La Mercan’Tour Bonette: This is another challenging cycling event that takes place in June and includes a climb up the Col de la Bonette, one of the highest mountain passes in Europe. The event offers three different routes of varying lengths and difficulty levels.
- Haute Route Alps: This is a multi-day stage race that takes place in August and covers some of the most challenging climbs in the Alps, including several in the vicinity of Nice.